Sunday, March 21, 2010

Everything I know, I've learned by being a Mom

Seriously, I think I am pretty smart.  Mom and Dad did a great job...I think I have a good balance of book knowledge, people skills and common sense.  I say all of that without pride...because all of a sudden, I wonder where all of those "smarts" went?!?!

When it comes to being a mother, I have a lot to learn.  For instance...today we took Colin and Ethan to have their Spring/Easter pictures made.  I took a ton of stuff...toys, changes of clothes, Easter baskets, etc.  The reality is...we had about 10 minutes of "good" time...but not the same 10 minutes for either baby!  When the photographer first starting shooting, Colin was smiling and talking.  Ethan had his serious face on wondering "where the heck am I and what is going on?"  Then about the time Ethan got comfortable enough to smile, Colin went into FULL meltdown.  Tears streaming down his face and everything!

Turns out, he was STARVING.  This mother had forgotten to check the schedule before we left or I would've KNOWN he needed to eat BEFORE we left!!  Oh well...in the end, we got some cute shots.   My biggest SAD for the day is that we didn't get one of both boys smiling at the same time.  At least now I have a goal...it is good to have goals, right?  Maybe when the boys are, what...8?, I can get a picture where they are both smiling?  Just promise them an ice cream or new game?  Can't do that with 7-1/2 month olds!!  Boy do I have a lot to learn!!



1 comment:

  1. These pictures are adorable! Did you know Ann can come to your house and shoot photos of the boys? They are usually happier in their own environment and she can capture some great shots. Just a thought. Anyway, I love that you used the personalized Easter Baskets. Cute idea. The boys look GREAT and are totally handsome!

    ReplyDelete