Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The doctor said "I don't know why you are here!"

I took Ethan to see Dr. Rastegar, a cardiologist at Sibley Heart Center, today.  We were referred to him by Ethan's pediatrician AND his pulmonologist.  They wanted to make sure his pectus (sunken chest) wasn't affecting his heart (and lungs, but we won't know that until later).

We walked (Ethan strolled) into the office.  It was so calm and quiet - there were only two other families in the waiting room.  We were called back and the nurses took Ethan's history, blood pressure, measured the oxygen in his blood, did an EKG and weighed him.  They were both ssooooo sweet!

They put us in Room 1.  30 seconds later, Dr. Rastegar came in and said "I don't know why you are here!"  I had NEVER heard such sweet words in one of Ethan's doctors' offices before!  He does want to do an echocardiogram in a year just to make sure everything is still good.  But...he said "Ethan's heart is perfectly normal.  His heart rate is good, blood pressure is normal...there is nothing I can do for you."

I came home and wrote the office a thank you note.  It was such a pleasure to be in an office full of warm, caring, CALM people...and to know they won't be one of our regular offices!  I was almost sad!!

Colin is really growing.  He is sitting up and playing as I am writing this.  If he topples over, he just rolls onto his tummy and keeps playing.  He has been really vocal the last few days...still just babbling, but I think full sentences are coming soon!  HAHA!


Ethan is in his Nap Nanny next to me on the sofa.  He just finished eating about 30 minutes ago, so still has a little "quiet time" before I get him up to play.  We changed his formula this week and I think we are seeing some improvement.  He is still throwing up, but not as often and not as much.  As I started typing that, he spit up a little, but I will take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment