Friday, March 12, 2010

It's a "good" Friday!

No, it isn't Good Friday yet...but my dad always says "every Friday is good."  Today has been a really good day for me in some ways...and sad, too.  I always like to talk about the bad news first and end with the good news (Mom, did you teach me that?).  It has rained most of today and I am thankful for the rain.  But I have been sad today...missing sweet Julia.  I can even hear her voice in my memories and just wish it were out loud and she was sitting right here with me!  I guess that is what grief is but today caught me off guard.  I wasn't expecting to just feel so sad.  I think maybe I just wish she could see (and I guess she does KNOW) the boys - how much they are growing and how good they are doing!


Colin is watching me type.  He is in his exersaucer and pretty much "done" with it and wishing for my attention.  Give me a few more minutes, pumpkin!  He is almost 20 pounds and is really trying hard to sit up on his own.  He does pretty good until something distracts him and then he just falls right over!  He is also wanting to be on the move.  When he has tummy-time, he gets his arms and legs going and I just KNOW that as soon as he figures out crawling, there will be no stopping him!!  He has always had this wonderful really big smile that lights up his whole face.  I hope he ALWAYS has that great smile...and lots of reasons to use it!!

Ethan is on day 9 of having a g-tube (a tube in his tummy instead of his nose) for his feedings.  The throw-ups are still happening, but less often and if they do happen they are (most of the time) not as much.  That is so great!  We weighed him today and he is 16 pounds.  I'm really excited about that because it means he has gained in spite of all of the throw-ups.  He is still sleeping A LOT, but I am hoping that is just because he isn't getting all of his calories and/or maybe just doing some serious growing!  He is strong enough now that he reaches and grabs his toes on his own.  And hallelujah, he has even started SUCKING his thumb and chomping on his pacifier.  He still doesn't really want any formula in his mouth, but the sucking and chomping are really good progress for a week!  More, Lord...please!!  He has lots to smile about too...I think he is REALLY glad to have the tube out of his nose and throat and the tape off his face.  He seems to be talking more and his voice is stronger, too.  These are all great things and I am so thankful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment