Wednesday, February 10, 2010

We have a nanny!

When it came time for me to go back to work, Allen and I knew what we wanted to do...that was to have someone come to the house and stay with the boys. The original plan was to take them to day care. With Ethan's issues, day care wasn't really an option. Our whole goal with him is to keep him as healthy as possible. That is the main reason we have stayed so isolated from family events, church, etc. I know lots of people are still wanting to meet the boys...and I promise it WILL happen eventually. For now, isolation is our game and health is our goal.

So mid-December, I was in complete denial about needing a sitter or nanny. I guess I thought we might win the lottery and Allen and I could both just stay home and enjoy every minute with the twins! HA. Allen had to do the initial search and he narrowed it down. There was one applicant that just stood out. I won't lie...I was hesitant but I think that was more me than anything about her (if that makes sense). Her name is Kristi. We interviewed her once and then had her over for a second visit. She is young and energetic and has some really good experience with children.

She started on Monday, February 1 and has done really well so far with the boys. I learned during the month Allen was home with them that things are not always going to be done the way I would do them...but the goal is to get the boys fed, diapers changed, Ethan's exercises, play time, and if most of that gets done every day, then things are pretty darn good. I think we've even seen a benefit of having a third adult that is responsible for the boys...she brings a new perspective to daily life. The boys are her job...and she is handling it very well.

While I am not 100% happy to be at work (and neither is Allen), we are relaxed about leaving them with Kristi and know that they are in good hands. Meanwhile, Allen and I are still playing the lottery ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment